Monday, May 12, 2014

Gram has elected to have the surgery

She has elected to have the surgery, and will have the mass removed tomorrow. She wishes I could be at her side but this will not happen, unfortunately. I am keeping her in my thoughts, I know this surgery will be rough on her and there's a chance that she might not make it through it but hopefully we'll get a little bit of luck going on our side.

I talked to her last night and she sounded scared, this is a woman who insists on doing everything herself, from moving furniture to you name it. But she sounded so little and scared on the phone last night I almost cried. It's hard to hear the word cancer used along side the name of someone you love, it's even harder when there's a chance they might not recover.

I just hope she'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment