Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hello everyone.

Hi everyone coming here from different sources,


This is gram, aka Bum. She'll be celebrating her 89th birthday this July and she was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 liver cancer. She'd been having a lot of UTI's and some of them were bloody. She recently went to the doctor for a different problem, aka she couldn't walk. She has massive blood clots in her legs. That's when they discovered through a CT scan that she has Stage 4 cancer, and it has spread through her pelvis. She first elected not to have the tumor removed because at her age that's a risky operation, but reconsidered.

The reason I set up this site is because at 89, she's been a sole inspiration for me. She has been the mother that I never had, and more family to me than anyone. She has been the world to me, and it hurts me so bad that I can't be there at this moment to help her.

However right now I live in a different stage.

I know what you are thinking, well can't you just get in your car and drive? Well, no. Right now I do not have the ability to be there, and she is asking for me to be by her side through her treatments and surgery. She has the surgery coming up and after that the doctors describe it as an uphill battle.

It's weird hearing the words "Cancer" and "Gram" in the same sentence, it's almost as if it's a fairytale that someone came up with. She will need help with her treatment at home once she's released. She'll be spending a lot of time in the hospital after the operation, and getting chemo. Chances are the treatments will be very rough on her and she will be very weak, she already is 89 years old.

I want to be there, and I want to make sure that she is well taken care of through this that is why I'm asking for your help through this. Between the care she will have to receive at home, and the hospital, and making sure that the house she's spent more than half of her life at is still there when she gets back.

If you could spread the word, make a small contribution anything it would be greatly appreciated. Even spreading the word is more than enough for me to make sure that she's taken care of. She means the world to me. She's taught me tough lessons about life, she gets on my case about work. She beams when I've done something great. She is more than my grandmother she is my mother, and I love her so much.

So this is a dedication and a plea, from me to you. To help me, help her. In any way shape or form possible. Thank you for listening to this length blog post, I will most certainly keep people updated, and keep posting until we can hopefully get through this together. The next couple weeks will be very rough, and I'm hoping through kindness and help we can make it through together.

Thank you for reading this, and taking the time to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment